SORELLE AND CO. DISCLAIMER
2. Delivery and Set Up: It is the client’s responsibility to provide a stable and leveled surface where the cake is to be set up. Once the cake has been delivered and set up, the care and condition of the cake becomes your responsibility. Sorelle and Co is not liable for any damage that may occur thereafter, including someone bumping the table, a stand or table breaking or collapsing, child/guest damage, or any other possible causes.
3. Cancellations and Refunds: Cakes over $200.00 require a 50% non-refundable deposit, with the balance due 1 week prior to the event date to ensure your date is secured in the calendar and to cover costs required to create your order. For any cake under $200.00, payment in full is required at the time of order placement. In the event of a cancellation up to 1 week prior to event date for cakes under $200.00, 20% of the total order amount is non-refundable. Cancellations within the final week before your event date will receive no refunds, and no exceptions will be made. Changes will only be accepted up to 1 week prior to the event date, and additional costs may be applied.
4. Sorelle and Co. is not responsible for the cake once it is released to the client and leaves our locations, and we will not refund or replace damaged cakes. All cakes are shown to the client upon pick up to assure of condition. Clients assume full responsibility for the condition of the cake. If a client elects a representative to pick up and set up the cake, client assumes full liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Sorelle and Co.’s possession. It is strongly recommended that cakes being picked up from our retail locations be transported in an air-conditioned vehicle on a flat surface and not placed on the seat.
5. All cakes/cupcakes should be stored at room temperature (not warm), out of direct sunlight, and on a flat surface. No preservatives or additives are used in Sorelle and Co. products therefore they should be treated as fresh food and should be consumed within 48-72 hours of the delivery/collection date. We do not recommend refrigerating our cakes as it dries out the sponge and stiffens the icing. De-thawing times vary and are never guaranteed. Please note that refrigeration is not recommended especially for fondant covered cakes. However, if a cake with a fondant exterior is not served/consumed on the same day of pick up/delivery, the cake needs to be refrigerated in a box and covered with a bag to prevent the fondant from melting due to moisture in the fridge.
6. Due to the nature of the medium, exact colour matches can not and will not be guaranteed. If a certain colour is desired, the client will need to provide a swatch of solid colour to the decorators when the order is placed. Sorelle and Co. will come as close as possible using the specified medium. Please keep in mind that very dark, rich colours such as dark blue, dark red, dark purple, dark green, and black, as well as bright colours such as fuchsia, lime green, and bright yellow are very difficult to attain. Sorelle and Co. will do their best to come as close as possible however an exact colour match is never guaranteed.
7. Due to edible ink being “food colouring ink”, some colours may not print with the exact shades as they appear on the source image file and we can not guarantee exact matches. This is a known issue with all edible print systems and considered being normal. Black food colouring is made using many colours, and as a result, any areas with grey shading can sometimes have a blue, green, or purple hue to them, although we do our best to minimize such effect whenever possible. Large black areas or backgrounds may not print well and Sorelle and Co. reserves the right to reject your image if you send it, or will offer printing it at your own risk.
8. Any food colouring added to the sponge or the frosting of your cake will inevitably alter the taste of the product, mask the flavour, and may stain the teeth and mouth. Sorelle and Co. will not be held responsible for these effects.
9. Sorelle and Co. maintains being a preservative-free facility, however there may be preservatives in some of the design elements used on cakes such as edible image ink and sugar flowers.
10. We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.